Second Post Saying A Little Something...

It's sad as hell. I don't understand:-

1) Why I keep getting statements from Standard Chartered on a credit card I cancelled last year.

2) Why I still find Kentucky Fried Chicken promo leaflets and coupons in my mailbox every few months—urging me to call 6235 3535 to place an order—even though every time I've called the past year or so, the lady on the other end tells me that, because I live in Balestier, my order should be served by an outlet in Toa Payoh that no longer exists, and therefore they can't make a delivery for me and as such cannot take my order, but would I like to order a pizza instead? Right...

3) Why today I had to ask four people behind the counter at the Wheelock Place Apple Centre, "Can I pay for this?", five times in the span of three minutes, waving a fifty dollar bill and iPod earjams, before I could pay and leave the store—because all four of them could actually not see me standing right in front of them. Hell, I don't have to go to a Chinese restaurant in London anymore to get ignored this well.

I guess I never will.

Comments

Popular Posts